About This Course
The course is designed to give students an insight into activities related to responding to cybersecurity threats and incidents. It introduces the role of a CSIRT team in an organization and describe its services and the steps taken to resolve a security incident.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of the common networking and routing protocols (e.g. TCP/IP), services (e.g., web, mail, DNS), and how they interact to provide network communications.
- Knowledge of operating system administration.
- Basic knowledge of principles of operating systems and their architectures.
- Basic knowledge of command line and scripting.